From the Australian Gaming Database
|Manufacturer||Nintendo Co. Ltd.|
|Released||February 23, 2005|
|Userbase||> 3 million|
|Predecessor||Game Boy Advance|
The Nintendo DS is a handheld console developed by Nintendo Co. Ltd and sold in Australia and New Zealand by Nintendo Australia Pty Ltd. It is the best selling console in the Australian market to date.
- Q4/Christmas 2006 sales - 151,922
- Free Wifi April 2007.free wi-fi access at any Telstra wireless hotspot in Melbourne and Sydney. The agreement means players of the popular handheld device can access the Nintendo wi-fi network at more than 1000 sites, including McDonald's, Starbucks cafes, airports, hotels and city hotspots. - Userbase 500k+
- Launch price $199.95, date 24th February 2005. 
- First four days sales: 19,191 units."We are ecstatic at the success the Nintendo DS has shown during this launch period. This is a huge result and we are delighted with it," says Rose Lappin, Director of Sales and Marketing, Nintendo Australia. "We look forward to continuing the drive with some strong titles still due for launch and the great support we have received from both retailers and third party publishers." 
- Q2, 2007 - 74,435 sold. 589,873 LTD
- Q3 2007 sales: 139,483 Total install base: 730,076
- May 2009 - Nintendo, meanwhile, has hit the two million milestone for portable console DS sales, according to GfK statistics. It reached this milestone in 221 weeks, making it the quickest console to achieve the feat
- 520,000 sold in 2010. 3 million sold mark hit in December.
- Asphalt Urban GT
- Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt (included)
- Ping Pals
- Project Rub
- Super Mario 64 DS
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour
- Wario Ware Touched!
- Zoo Keeper
Hardware & Exclusives
AU Bundles and Hardware
- DS Fat Silver w/ Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt (Launch)
- DS Fat Silver, Blue, Pink
- DS Lite White, Black, Green, Pink
- DSi Black, White, Pink, Blue
- DSi XL Bronze, Burgundy, Blue, Red, Yellow
- Super Mario Limited Edition (Red Mario DS Lite w/ New Super Mario Bros.)
- Breast Cancer Foundation (Pink DS Lite w/ More Brain Training)
- Guitar Hero On Tour Bundle
- Mario Kart DS (Silver DS Fat)
- Nintendogs Blue (DS Fat)
- Nintendogs Purple (DS Fat)
- NRL Mascot Mania
- AFL Mascot Manor
AU English Exclusives
- Sonic Classics Collection Limited Edition
- ↑ Nintendo DS Sells Through 3 Million Units - http://www.nintendo.com.au/index.php?action=news&nid=417&pageID=6
- ↑ Howard, J. (2007, January 21). Nintendo a winner. Herald Sun
- ↑ Nintendo DS users get free wi-fi. (2007, April 18). Sydney MX.
- ↑ Stead, C. (2005, January 11). Nintendo DS Australian Launch Date and Price Announced. IDG Data.
- ↑ GamePro Staff. (2005, March 3). Nintendo DS Shows Big First Week Sales in Australia. IDG Data.
- ↑ Sainsbury, M. (2009, May 29). Nintendo and Microsoft battle for dominance. ARNet.