AFL Live Premiership Edition
PlayStation 2, Xbox, PC|
May 6, 2004|
AFL Live Premiership Edition is an Australian Rules Football game developed by IR Gurus and published by Acclaim Entertainment for the PlayStation 2, Xbox and PC. It was released on May 6, 2004, just eight months after the release of AFL Live 2004. It is the third game in the AFL Live series, and the last one published by Acclaim before the company folded later in 2004.
AFL Live Premiership Edition boasts a number of improvements over its predecessors, including:
- Accurate player lists and fixtures for the 2004 AFL Premiership Season
- New unlockable video content
- The inclusion of the All-Australian team
- The inclusion of the Heritage Round jerseys
- The inclusion of the Brownlow and Norm Smith Medals in the Season Mode
- Accurate rules for the Wizard Cup tournament
- An updated reproduction of the Melbourne Cricket Ground to reflect then-recent changes made to the facilities
- New multiplayer missions in the Mission Mode
- The addition of PlayStation 2 Multi-Tap support
- Patching of numerous bugs and glitches from AFL Live 2004
AFL Live Premiership Edition received generally negative reviews from critics. Due to its close proximity to the release of AFL Live 2004, fans labelled the game a "cash grab" and "glorified roster update", in spite of its reduced recommended retail price of $AU69.95. PALGN bemoaned the game's lack of refinements after the glitch-ridden release of AFL Live 2004, while Australian GamePro and Xbox World Australia felt that there was no need to play Premiership Edition if players owned either AFL Live 2003 or 2004.
- ↑ Van Leuvren, Luke (2004-05-09) AFL Live Premiership Edition Review PALGN Retrieved (2011-01-09).
- ↑ Hill, Jason (2004-06-01) AFL Live Premiership Edition Australian GamePro Retrieved (2011-01-09).
- ↑ Bryan, Shane AFL Live : Premiership Edition Xbox World Australia Retrieved (2011-01-09).